The Ultimate Guide For Beginners and PROS
Learn everything you need for 3D animation in Autodesk Maya: Modeling, Texturing, Lighting, Rigging, Animation, Dynamics and create mind blowing conceptual content and stories
3D animation is when computer generated objects appear to move through three-dimensional space. In 3D animation, objects can be moved and rotated following the same principles as in real life. Computer animation makes use of 3D computer graphics to create a two-dimensional moving picture that depicts three dimensions. 3D animation is used in industries as diverse as gaming, Television and Movies, Commercials and Other Advertising, Marketing, Architecture and Design, Simulations, Retail, Prototyping, and medicine. They are commonly used for presentations and marketing across all industries.
Animation is when images of figures are manipulated to appear to the human eye as though they are moving. In traditional animation, images are drawn individually to be photographed or put onto film. Another kind of traditional animation is called stop motion animation. With this, three dimensional figures are painstakingly committed to film, frame by frame, being moved slightly between shots. With 3D animation, all of the images are created using computer graphics. The process of giving movement and life to these objects is divided into three main parts: modeling, layout and animation, and rendering.
At it’s most basic form, animation is an illusion, a trick of the eye, allowing us to see movement in a rapid succession of images. In order to trick the eye, the frames should move at a minimum of 12 frames a second, although there are instances where even slower speeds are used for effect. However, for 3D animation to appear as though movement is naturally occurring in three-dimensional space, a much faster speed of frames per second is required, 24 at a minimum, with no still frames in between.
Objects are created with 3D models and then manipulated within 3D software. These manipulations allow for picture sequences to be exported that make it appear as though movement is occurring in a 3D digital environment.
• INTRODUCTION TO THE MAYA
• ARRANGEMENT AND MOVEMENT IN MAYA
• POLYGONS AND NURBS MODELLING WORKFLOW
• OTHER MODELLING WORKFLOW WITH MESH
• INTRODUCTION TO NURBS MODELLING
• INTRODUCTION TO MAYA RENDERING & SHADERS
• INTRODUCTION TO MAYA LIGHTING
• INTRODUCTION TO MAYA CAMERA
• INTRODUCTION TO KAYFRAMING AND ANIMATION
• INTRODUCTION TO CHARACTER RIGGING
• INTRODUCTION TO CHARACTER ANIMATION
• ANTICIPATION, ACTION AND REACTION
• INTRODUCTION TO CHARACTER DIALOGUE ANIMATION
• RENDERING ANIMATION
• For complete beginners who want to get started with Autodesk Maya.
• For anyone that wants to learn 3D animation, and the tools used by professional animators in the film industry.
• For beginner Autodesk Maya users who want to take their skills to a more advanced next level.
• For 3D artist who want to explore and specialize in any of the 3D production pipeline.
• The Willingness to Work as a Team
• Attention to Detail
• Absorbing Information Quickly
• Having an Excellent Memory
• Mastery of Organization
• Overcome Challenges
• Critical thinking
• Getting started with Maya and understanding the interface
• Modeling your own objects and scenes
• Shading your objects
• Creating proper UVs
• Texturing your objects
• Lighting your scene and creating shadows
• Rendering your project
• Rigging characters to prepare for animations
• Animating with keyframes
• Motion graphics animation (MASH) toolkit
• Simulating dynamic effects like cloth and smoke
• Putting together an entire scene
• You will become comfortable using Autodesk Maya to model, texture, rig, animate, dynamics, light, and render
• Build and design your own 3D objects
• Animate your 3D objects with keyframes
• Modeling, shading, texturing, lighting beautiful designs
• Rendering your projects for high quality playback
• Rigging a 3D character for animation
• Simulating dynamic effects like water, cloth, and smoke
• You will know how to put together an entire 3D animated scene!
• Downloadable project files for every step of the course
• Premium support to help you as you take the course
• Getting you started with your portfolio
• Free already rigged character
A student is required to bring a passport photograph and two thousand naira for course registration.
A laptop is required (either Mac or PC) with a minimum operating system of 64 bit, 4GB RAM with a storage capacity of at least 350GB. We will walk you through installing the necessary software.
BASIC (3 Months) - ₦110,000
ADVANCE (3 Months) - ₦270,000
BASIC (3 Months) - ₦130,000
ADVANCE (3 Months) - ₦290,000
MONDAY - THURSDAY
Morning : 10am – 1pm
Afternoon : 1pm – 4pm
Sat : 10am – 3pm